The dark chocolate bars by Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate don’t include any fillers like added cocoa butter, soy lecithin or vanilla, leaving every single-origin cacao the chance to express a distinctive aromatic profile. The cacao percentage in their plain dark chocolate bars never exceeds 75%. With only the addition of organic cane sugar, every bar is a journey of flavors across the world.
DICK TAYLOR, Eureka, California, USA
Among the pioneers of the craft bean-to-bar chocolate in the USA, Adam Dick and Dustin Taylor founded Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate in 2010. They use traditional techniques, classic machinery and produce an authentic taste. This is the goal of the micro factory located in Eureka, California.
- They use fine cacao from different origins from around the world: Madagascar, Brazil, Belize, Jamaica, Colombia and the Solomon Islands. On every chocolate bar, there is a detailed description of every origin and the story of how the chocolate makers discovered that specific cacao.
- The beautiful custom design of their chocolate bars makes the Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate bars unique, recognizable and unforgettable. They are among the most photographed craft chocolate bars on Instagram.
- Before making chocolate, Adam and Dustin were boat makers.
- They have won a long list of international chocolate awards since 2013 for their single origin bars. The most awarded so far have been the 72% Madagascar Sambirano bar, with refreshing notes of citrus and red berry, and the 72% Belize Toledo bar, with delicate floral and nutty aromas.
- Despite the ever-increasing demand for their chocolate, Adam and Dustin
are committed to maintaining their high standards from the bean to the bar.
The Dick Taylor range
Their inclusion bars include stable flavors in their assortment and seasonal releases. Among the stable inclusion bars we find the popular Black Fig with 72% Madagascan cacao and the Fleur De Sal made using their signature Northerner Blend Chocolate.
Dick Taylor Craft Chocolate completes the selection with decadent drinking chocolate to be enjoyed at home or used by professionals. Such as the the classic 72% Single Origin Belize.