All of Mirzam's single origin plantation choices have been led by the history and stories of the maritime spice route and countries which traded with fragrant and exotic goods hundreds of years ago.
MIRZAM, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Chocolate maker drawn by the stars, telling the story of the spice trade through the lens of craft chocolate. This Emirati company, with five distinct lines of artisan chocolate, expresses the tale of the Middle East’s ancient role as seafaring traders, with each bar speaking to the history, culture, and traditions of those along the maritime Spice Route.
- Dubai-based craft chocolate maker. Founded in 2016 by New Zealander Kathy Lee (Chief Chocolate Officer!)
- Unique flavours and origins, inspired by maritime spice trade routes and the Middle East’s seafaring history.
- Sensational wrapper artwork created by a variety of local artists.
- Winner of many International Chocolate Awards and Academy of Chocolate Awards.
- Middle-Eastern inspired collections with international appeal.
- Don’t miss the ever-popular Dates & Fennel filled 62% dark chocolate bar.
The Mirzam range
Inspired by treasured recipes of the UAE. The Emirati collection includes some of the lesser known traditional favorites that were created by the Nomadic residents of the region at a time when the spice route was just starting to influence flavours.
Inspired by the trading routes that developed as a result of the Monsoon winds that blew traders overboard dhows from the Arabian Gulf to the monsoonal Indian and Sri Lankan coasts.
Inspired by the maritime spice route that saw the flavours of the Orient make their way to the West. Each bar has been infused with delicious ingredients that could very likely have been found in the Eastern spice sounks. To protect the highly prized sources of their spices the merchants concocted tales of monsters that had been encountered during the journey. Inspired by these stories each of these spiced bars features a different hand drawn monster on its wrapper.
Inspired by the mystical spice route that saw goods traded over land between Lami in West Africa and the Souqs of Marrakech.
Extras like sophisticated chocolate covered dates and honeycomb and special bars. All of an unparalleled quality. Unlike anything you have ever tasted.