Differentiating themselves from the competition, Raaka Chocolate has only one dark chocolate bar in its assortment, the 100% cacao bar. Its winning card is inclusions: ginger, oat milk, tahini, bourbon, maple, banana, and an endless list of unexpected ingredients are combined with fine cacao, spices and org anic sugar to create vegan chocolate bars that know no competition.
RAAKA Brooklyn, New York, USA
Raaka is devoted to making uncommonly delicious chocolate that captures the brighter, bolder, and fruitier side of cacao. That’s why they make every bar from scratch, with unroasted cacao beans, sourced from trusted and admired growers. The unique flavor of Raaka’s unroasted chocolate is part place, part process. Each bar is crafted in celebration of each cacao origin’s unique character.
- Raaka Chocolate is one of the most famous and successful craft bean-to-bar chocolate companies on the market, distributed all over the world from the US to Japan.
- Based in New York, Raaka Chocolate was founded in 2010 by Ryan Cheney and Nate Hodge in an apartment in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Like the most typical start-up story, the business grew exponentially after consumers recognized the high quality of their creations.
- The company crafts unroasted chocolate, which means that they skip the roasting process, a standard step in the chocolate making process, to maintain the bold, bright and fruitier flavor of the cacao beans.
- Raaka means “raw” in Finnish.
- Raaka Chocolate uses fine cacao from the Dominican Republic, Tanzania and Peru.
- Considered the innovators in the craft chocolate industry, the team at Raaka Chocolate always experiments with unexpected flavors and brave combinations to bring new emotions to the market. Every bar is 100% vegan.
- Many are the Raaka Chocolate inclusion bars appreciated by chocoholics: from the oldest 71% Pink & Sea Salt to the latest 66% Green Tea Crunch, fine cacao from all over the world is paired with selected flavors for perfectly balanced combinations.
- Thanks to their monthly subscription called First Nibs, passionate fans of the brand get to taste Raaka’s limited batches of the delicious bars like the Waffle Scone, the Fig Tahini, the Black Forest Cake and the Pumpkin Granola Butter Swirl.
- All Raaka chocolate is Organic, NON-GMO certified, gluten-, soy-, and dairy free, Vegan and 'Transparent Trade'.
The Raaka range
Grab these while you can, these seasonal bars are only available while stocks last.
Raaka First Nibs: Better than the golden ticket! Super limited, experimental small batch dark chocolate.
Raaka, the innovative Brooklyn based craft chocolate maker, processing unroasted cacao, has its own subscription programme – First Nibs – which has encouraged the chocolate maker to get very creative, producing 24 unique chocolate bar flavours per annum.
This First Nibs programme is groundbraking. US based consumers (only) can subscribe and receive 2 new exclusive experimental micro-batch chocolate bars each month. Based on the subscribers feedback, each quarter a Best of First Nibs bar is chosen which is offered as a limited bar to all customers. And each year the best out of those deserves a spot in Raaka's fixed range. In effect, the Raaka range evolves over time comprising only of the most appreciated chocolate bars.
This limited Botanical Collection, made in collaboration with the landmark New York Botanical Garden, brings you three single origin dark chocolate bars with flower power: the fruity and lush Hibiscus Cinnamon, the deliciously delicate Jasmine Mint, and our ambrosial floral classic, Rose Cardamom.
Every bar of chocolate starts with a flowering fruit tree that, if properly pollinated, grows into a heavy fruit pod that resembles a dinosaur egg. The seeds of that fruit, called Theobroma cacao, are what we use to make chocolate. It’s an extraordinary cycle that continues to inspire wonder in even the most seasoned of cacao growers and chocolate makers. These three bars are an ode to all the flowering plants that share their beauty, wonder, and nourishment with us.
Each bar is wrapped in botanical artwork from NYBG’s historical archives. A percentage of proceeds goes back to NYBG’s work in plant science and conservation, horticulture, and education.
Bite size delicious Raaka chocolate. Available in boxes of 100 pcs. Ideal for coutertop distress purchases.