An homage to traditional Mexican stoneground chocolate, the TAZA Discs were the very first product launched by the company in 2005. Inspired by their passion for Mexican chocolate traditions, Taza hand-carve granite millstones to make these rustic, organic dark Mexican style chocolate discs bursting with bright tastes and gloriously gritty textures. With their 77gr paper packaging and a perfect round shape, they fit in a hand and the mold is already divided in small triangles to be enjoyed on the go. Chipotle Chili, Cinnamon, Vanilla, Salted Almond and many more options are available.
TAZA, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Taza’s stoneground dark chocolate is unlike any other chocolate. Taza stone grind organic cacao beans into perfectly unrefined, minimally processed chocolate with bold flavor and texture, unlike anything you have ever tasted.
- TAZA Chocolate was founded in 2005 by Alex Whitmore in Massachusetts, USA.
- Unlike many craft chocolate brands with a smooth and creamy texture, TAZA made a name for itself by crafting unrefined stoneground dark chocolate with a rustic texture.
- Thanks to the use of traditional Mexican stone mills, called molinos, TAZA grinds fine cacao that preserves all its bright and fruity flavors, and creates a chocolate that’s bold, rustic, and satisfyingly gritty, unlike any other chocolate you’ve tasted.
- The unmistakable TAZA Discs are perfect to make hot chocolate or to be savoured just as they are, from Vanilla to Cinnamon inclusions.
- Against predatory middlemen and abusive labor practices, TAZA created the chocolate industry’s first third-party certified Direct Trade cacao sourcing program, to ensure quality and transparency for all: the TAZA Direct Trade. Consumers can see exactly where the company sources cacao and how
much it pays for it.
- All TAZA chocolate is certified USDA Organic, Direct Trade, Gluten Free and Kosher Pareve, and Non-GMO Project Verified. It is also dairy free, soy free, and vegan.
The Taza range
TAZA’s chocolate bars maintain a unique rustic texture, but in a more traditional shape. Always dairy, gluten and soy free, these colorful bars offer a wide range of flavors. The most appreciated are the 95% Wicked Dark bars.
Taza’s intense, pure, and seriously satisfying stone ground chocolate makes for the perfect gift for any occasion, from celebrating a special day to showing gratitude. Samplers are a fun, affordable way to sample and share stone ground chocolate with true grit. Four bold flavors range from spicy to sweet to savory.