Malva Flowers – Alchemy (65% dark)
€16,35 incl. EU VAT
Malva olorosa is an aphrodisiac and carminative medicinal plant from the pharmacopeia of ancestral Andean cultures. This blend will surprise you with its delicate and potent floral bouquet.
Adding floral essences like roses or lilies is common in the chocolate world. Here, To’ak explores a medicinal flower used in ancestral medicine as a carminative and aphrodisiac: Malva olorosa. With a subtle yet potent aroma, To’ak hope to make a statement about the use of flowers and medicinals together with chocolate.
Adriana Gonzalez Instagram
“A perfumed maternal embrace, evocative of the integrated aromas of malva olorosa and cacao.”
“Conscious eating is the yoga of food.”
CxM tasting recommendations:
Bite the chocolate and let it slowly melt between tongue and palate. Focus on the subtle and lasting sensation.
EU VAT Tax (estimated) included. Final EU VAT is calculated at checkout upon confirmation of your country of residence. Shipping calculated at checkout.Brand: To'ak, To'ak Alchemy
Out of stock
Dark chocolate (65% heirloom cacao, 35% cane sugar), Malva olorosa, cacao butter.
The cacao is sourced from the valley of Piedra de Plata on the Ecuadorian Coast. The cane sugar is from Colombia. The Malva olorosa is sourced from smallholder farmers in the Ecuadorian Andes. The organic cacao butter is from fine flavor cacao cultivars on the Ecuadorian coast.
“Adriana González was born in Quito, the capital city of Ecuador in the Andes mountains. She studied graphic design and has experience working with three-dimensional pieces like jewelry, ceramics, and wood. She prefers compositions that mix organic forms of nature with shapes and colors.
To’ak decided to work with Adriana for her expressive and interpretive approach to the different textures she creates. When she did a tasting of the Alchemy editions, Malva was her favorite because of its vibrant aroma. She says it creates, for her, the sensation of returning to what feels true. Her style would offer a compelling way to visualize the subtlety and power of this edition.”
|Type of chocolate||
Dark (inclusions/ flavored)
Dairy free, Direct Trade, Vegan
Be the first to review “Malva Flowers – Alchemy (65% dark)” Cancel reply
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
TO'AK, Quito, Ecuador
To’ak exclusively produces small-batch editions of single-origin Ecuadorian dark chocolate, with an emphasis on terroir, heirloom genetics, and cask-aging. To’ak prides itself on being the first tree-to-bar chocolate maker to comprehensively explore the science and the art of aging dark chocolate. To’ak’s mission is to transform the way that the world experiences dark chocolate, elevating its making and tasting onto the level of vintage wine and aged whisky.
- Known as the most expensive chocolate in the world, To’ak Chocolate was born in 2007 from the minds of Jerry Toth and Carl Schweizer.
- Made from bean to bar in Ecuador, To’ak Chocolate is sourced exclusively from cacao pods that match the morphological and color profile of heirloom Nacional cacao referenced from DNA testing. This cacao was awarded the Heirloom designation from the Heirloom Cacao Preservation Fund in 2016.
- From the exclusive quality of the chocolate to its exquisite packaging, To’ak Chocolate offers the most luxurious craft chocolate experience from purchasing to unwrapping, and finally savoring. In their most iconic chocolate bars, connoisseurs are presented with a precious wooden box, tasting instructions and tools.
- To’ak has been the continuous recipient of press releases, media exposure and dedicated articles for its bold price tag, always justified by craftsmanship, ethical sourcing, high-quality raw materials, long ageing processes and unparallel packaging.
- All To’ak Chocolate bars are aged in barrels of whisky, tequila, sherry or bourbon, so that the cocoa nibs can absorb the enchanting aromas of these liquors without the alcohol.
- To’ak works hand-in-hand with a small group of cacao growers in Piedra de Plata and pays them the highest price per pound in all of Ecuador.
There are no reviews yet.