Taza Chocolate Mexicano Discs: Delicious to eat or drink!
In Oaxaca, Mexico, and other Central and South American regions, chocolate has historically been enjoyed as a beverage. Cacao is ground into a paste, mixed with water and spices, and served hot.
Enjoy our Mexican-style hot chocolate in a nice big taza… the Spanish word for “cup”!
- 240ml milk, soy milk, almond milk, or water
- 1/2 pack (1 disc) Taza Chocolate Mexicano (any flavor)
- Salt to taste
- Roughly chop or grate oadisc of Taza Chocolate Mexicano and set aside.
- Heat 240ml milk or water in a small saucepan over medium heat to just below a simmer.
- Remove the milk from heat and add a pinch of salt.
- Slowly mix in the chocolate, stirring frequently until dissolved.
- When the chocolate is dissolved, return the mixture to the stove and re-warm over low heat.
- While the chocolate is warming, use a whisk or molinillo to froth the chocolate.
- When the chocolate is hot and frothy, remove from heat and serve immediately.